Site Logo

The ArtCAM Forum - Community help, support and advice for the ArtCAM family of CNC software

This forum is for existing and potential ArtCAM users to share knowledge, tips and tricks.

It is currently 26 Nov 2014, 10:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Artcam 9.126 Flex Exporting causes program to crash
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 15:27 
New User
New User

Hi
We are runing ArtCam 9.126 Flex conecting to a FLEX License control computer.

The problem we are having is while in artcam we go to export and this causes artcam to close with no error messages. We have deen doing this for about a year no with no problems and this is happening on all our computers runing artcam which are windows 2000 computers. We tried installing artcam on a windows XP computer and that worked. We tried going back to artcam version 9.021 and that seemed to work ok on a windows 2000 computer.
But we want to be running artcam 9.126 on a windows 2000 computer like we were doing before it stop working.

Does anyone know what could be causeing this issue?
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2008, 08:39 
Verified ArtCAM Insignia/Pro/JS User

My only thought on this is a possible automatic (or manual) update to Windows. You might try going back to a restore point before the problems began and see if that helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2008, 02:04 
New User
New User

Thanks for the reply

The thing is windows updates are turned off and we have a ghost image with windows already setup so that wouldn't change. I tried regosting the computer to restore it to when it first was setup and we are still having the same problem. There must be something different between artcam version 9.0 and version 9.126 that is causing the issue, but then again artcam version 9.126 was working ok before christmas ok on our win2000 computers. So now I have no ideal what is going on it doesn't realy make any sense to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2008, 05:43 

There must be some common change on the different PCs, are they networked together?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2008, 16:13 
New User
New User

They are all networked using netware 6.5, and are all conecting to a Flex control computer which is giving out the licences to all the artcam computers. They wasn't any updates to the novell server either. I agree for all the computer to stop working at the same time something must of changed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2008, 20:41 

You might want to try closing the network and then try to get the main PC to work with AC on its own. The problem I would guess is with the main PC since all the remote PCs are having the same problem. Also, you might want to try moving the dongle to one of the remotes and see if that PC works (unconnected to the network of course). I think the key to solving this sort of problem is to isolate and locate. Once you know where the problem is you can start narrowing in on the problem itself. If you don't know where the problem is it will be much harder to fix it.

Post subject: Re: ArtCAM 9.126 Flex Exporting causes program to crash
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2008, 08:02 
ArtCAM Staff
ArtCAM Staff

RonT wrote:
Hi
We are runing ArtCAM 9.126 Flex conecting to a FLEX License control computer.

The problem we are having is while in ArtCAM we go to export and this causes ArtCAM to close with no error messages. We have deen doing this for about a year no with no problems and this is happening on all our computers runing ArtCAM which are windows 2000 computers. We tried installing ArtCAM on a windows XP computer and that worked. We tried going back to ArtCAM version 9.021 and that seemed to work ok on a windows 2000 computer.
But we want to be running ArtCAM 9.126 on a windows 2000 computer like we were doing before it stop working.

Does anyone know what could be causeing this issue?
Thanks

Hi,

FYI: ArtCAM is compatible with Windows XP, Vista Buisness, Vista Ultimate and Vista Enterprise, but is not supported/compatible with Windows 2000 and Vista Home officially.

This could be the problem of ArtCAM being not supported by Windows 2000. Can you please contact your reseller and explain them in detail what error are you getting, so that they can assist you further on this.

Thanks,
Shirish