Site Logo

The ArtCAM Forum - Community help, support and advice for the ArtCAM family of CNC software

This forum is for existing and potential ArtCAM users to share knowledge, tips and tricks.

It is currently 24 Nov 2014, 18:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Artcam Express PAF File Trouble
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012, 17:58 
Verified ArtCAM Express User

I am trying to run Artcam express for the first time on my computer. I followed the instructions for loading the software, connecting the dongle and saving the paf file to my desktop. When I open the software it asks for the paf file, I browse to it on my desktop and select it to open. After selecting the paf file, I get an error message that it cannot be opened. Please help

Post subject: Re: Artcam Express PAF File Trouble
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012, 18:19 
ArtCAM Staff
ArtCAM Staff

Hi Alan,

Welcome to the ArtCAM Forum! Have you followed these instructions? If you have and still encounter an error message, please provide a screenshot of its contents and attach it to your reply. If you are unable to attach a screenshot, please copy the exact error message instead. With this information, we'll be able to provide further assistance.

Kind regards,

Dillon

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 02:24 

Yes, I have followed these exact instructions several times and each time I get the following message - "Failed to Install new licence (PAF) file". Also when it asks if I would like to browse to find PAF it also says - "(PAF error=4 line=8191).

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 14:53 
ArtCAM Staff
ArtCAM Staff

Hello Alan

I've just sent you another PAF, just in case the original was corrupted in some way. I've also sent over some detailed installation instructions.

Cheers
Leighton

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 17:43 
Verified ArtCAM Insignia/Pro/JS User
Verified ArtCAM Insignia/Pro/JS User

Alan,
does the file have a .paf at the end? I :oops: ran into this once (couldn't wrap my head around it untillll).
mike

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2012, 00:38 

yes, the extension is paf

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2012, 10:09 
ArtCAM Staff
ArtCAM Staff

Hi Alan,

PAF error=4 indicates that ArtCAM cannot open your PAF licence file. This suggests that the PAF licence file is not in the expected location, or that ArtCAM is encountering permission issues when trying to access the file.

Have you installed the 32-bit or 64-bit version of ArtCAM Express 2011 on your PC? When running the ArtCAM Express 2011 installer, you have the choice between the two versions. What Operating System are you working in? For example, Windows 7 Home Premium. Have you copied your PAF licence file (AL***-**P.paf) to the following two locations on your PC?

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Delcam
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Delcam

If you have not, please copy your PAF licence file (AL***-**P.paf) to both locations. If when you next launch ArtCAM Express 2011, the software prompts for the PAF file's location, browse to either of these locations. If you're not prompted for the PAF file's location, you could try the following:

(1). From the Menu bar, select Help > Install Licence (PAF) File. The Select Licence File To Install dialog is displayed.
(2). Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Delcam or C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Delcam.
(3). Select your AL***-**P.paf file.
(4). Click Open. A message box is displayed reading "Latest licence file installed successfully. Please restart ArtCAM to use your new licence (PAF) file."

If you have any further difficulties after following these instructions, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Dillon

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2014, 02:48 

I am having the same sort of problem, I keep getting the same error and although I am able to find and load the dongle on my Windows XP SP3 computer it does not show up in my computer. I have the Full CD Key ArtCam_2011.215_....... and the numbers on the donglre Delcam 151977
FFB42802JCZ. I suspect the dongle is corrupted. Anyone able to help would be much appreciated. The program came with an Oliver 1015 CNC machine and I am ready to go past the basic IPicture carvings. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Scott

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2014, 12:12 
ArtCAM Staff
ArtCAM Staff

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the ArtCAM Forum!
Scott_Boutilier wrote:
I am having the same sort of problem, I keep getting the same error and although I am able to find and load the dongle on my Windows XP SP3 computer it does not show up in my computer. I have the Full CD Key ArtCam_2011.215_....... and the numbers on the donglre Delcam 151977
FFB42802JCZ. I suspect the dongle is corrupted. Anyone able to help would be much appreciated. The program came with an Oliver 1015 CNC machine and I am ready to go past the basic IPicture carvings. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Have you tried installing the latest Sentinel Driver on your computer? You can find it here.

If you require the support of the forum community, I recommend that you register as a Verified ArtCAM Express User as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Dillon