Site Logo

The ArtCAM Forum - Community help, support and advice for the ArtCAM family of CADCAM software

This forum is for existing and potential ArtCAM users to share knowledge, tips and tricks.

It is currently 23 Mar 2017, 13:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Millwizard Problem
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2016, 05:51 
Verified ArtCAM Insignia/Pro/JS User
Verified ArtCAM Insignia/Pro/JS User

Hi Dillon:
I downloaded the Artcam Insignia R2 full version, and I followed on the other post other softwares as you instructed me too. when I open the program, I click on the millwizard
error massage I get:
The tooldatabase C:\\programFiles\Artcam2015R2\Exec\tool_database_v9.tdb is not available...and artcam will now use the default At
C:\\programFiles\Artcam2015R2\Exec\tool_database_2009.tdb
what do I have to do in order to fix this error massage. Is this normal?
however when i can get to the selecting tools, I can't find any ...

Post subject: Re: Millwizard Problem
PostPosted: 08 Aug 2016, 15:24 
ArtCAM Staff
ArtCAM Staff

Hi Shawn,
shawndds wrote:
when I open the program, I click on the millwizard
error massage I get:
The tooldatabase C:\\programFiles\Artcam2015R2\Exec\tool_database_v9.tdb is not available...and artcam will now use the default At
C:\\programFiles\Artcam2015R2\Exec\tool_database_2009.tdb
what do I have to do in order to fix this error massage. Is this normal?
The C:\Program Files\ArtCAM 2015 R2\Exec folder on your computer does not and should not include a tool_database_v9.tdb file; it should include a tool_database_2009.tdb and tool_database_2015.tdb. MillWizard utilises the tool_database_2009.tdb file.
shawndds wrote:
however when i can get to the selecting tools, I can't find any ...
Your reported issue could be a permissions issue with your Windows user account. Click here for a tutorial on how to change permissions to a specific folder or file. I recommend that you set the permissions to allow full control over the C:\Program Files\ArtCAM 2015 R2\Exec folder and the tool_database_2009.tdb file in C:\Program Files\ArtCAM 2015 R2\Exec on your computer.

Kind regards,

Dillon

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]