Site Logo

The ArtCAM Forum - Community help, support and advice for the ArtCAM family of CADCAM software

This forum is for existing and potential ArtCAM users to share knowledge, tips and tricks.

It is currently 28 Sep 2016, 09:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Purchasing download-only ArtCAM software
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2015, 15:05 
ArtCAM Staff
ArtCAM Staff

The download-only version of ArtCAM Express 2015 or ArtCAM Insignia 2015 enables you to use the software without requiring a software-protection dongle. It is limited for use on one computer, and does not include MillWizard, an installation disc, printed documentation, or packaging. If you have bought or are interested in buying the download-only version of ArtCAM Express 2015 or ArtCAM Insignia 2015, please read the attached PDF document. Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Attachments:
PurchasingDownload-OnlyArtCAMSoftware.pdf [213.92 KiB]
Downloaded 789 times

Post subject: Re: Purchasing download-only ArtCAM software
PostPosted: 02 Mar 2015, 15:03 
Verified ArtCAM Express User

Hi Dillon,

I'm posting my 90 day but I have a question as well. I downloaded ArtCAM 2015 Express. It downloaded well and starts up well and seems easier to use than the 2013 version. The problem I'm having is I made a simple address sign and when creating the tool path it always fails with saying to use the vector doctor. Since I don't know what I'm doing I selected various options and when I select open the program encounters an unrecoverable error and shuts down. It also shut down another time just after I entered the text and was getting ready to select the pull down menu for Toolpath. It doesn't always do this but I would be really put out if I had designed a complicated model and poof it goes into an unrecoverable error. I am running Windows 7 32bit on a Gateway DX4860-UB32P 6MB memory.

One improvement that would be really nice. When you are in a pull down menu it would scroll down with the wheel on the mouse instead of resizing the drawing.

Steve

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2015, 15:18 
ArtCAM Staff
ArtCAM Staff

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the ArtCAM Forum! Many thanks for registering as a Verified ArtCAM Express User; you're now able to browse and post in the private Verified ArtCAM Express Users area of the forum, and the forum community will know that you're using licensed ArtCAM software.

I'm not quite sure why you've posted in this topic, since you did not purchase a download-only version of ArtCAM Express. Regardless, your problem with ArtCAM Express 2015 might be due to the fact that your computer includes Intel HD Graphics 2000 integrated graphics, which does not seem to be DirectX 11 compliant. The system requirements for ArtCAM 2015 include a DirectX 11 compliant graphics card. I have sent you two emails today relating to your issue. Please check your inbox and respond accordingly. Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Dillon

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2015, 17:06 
New User
New User

What happens when I upgrade my computer? How will this software follow my new PC?

or

What happens if I reload Windows 7 into my computer? Sometimes my computer crashes and I have to reload Windows and ArtCAM into the SAME PC. Will the Password file still work?

Pat

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2015, 23:25 
Verified ArtCAM Insignia/Pro/JS User
Verified ArtCAM Insignia/Pro/JS User

Pat,

Delcam has never let me down, never over taxed me when I have had a problem.

What you would do if you become a crash victim is get a hold of them, a very reputable company!

mike

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2015, 23:53 

pat

greeting on the forum

while theres no push what version you prefer or buy.. with a dongle you don't have this issue..
dvd also a deal because you can reinstall anytime..

on beginning dongle was very frustrating me, and now I have to admit the advantage of..
actually right now I don't know the price difference.. but a downtime would be bad for me at this moment..

also a point dongle never so unstable like any version of windows.. so with a ""download"" version you have everyday the risk, windows gives up or any hardware..

even at upgrade I did chose a new licence, so I have two dongle.. one in the house and one in the shop.. newer dongle works back with all earlier version..

if a dongle going wrong, you send it back, and while it is on way back, they will send you another one..
fedex has one day service..

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2015, 03:56 
New User
New User

Problem is that I have just purchased the software 1 day ago and my computer was very glitchy when I loaded it in. I didn't even think I was using the registered version because only the demo 3D art files would show up (I didn't know all the art was a separate download.)

Anyways I reloaded in Windows 7 and now ArtCam wont load in my password file. Very frustrated, sent email and waiting for a reply.

So I was wondering what is the official way to deal with computer upgrades or reloading in your operating system?

So far I think ArtCam is a wonderful piece of software and certainly priced right. I was able to produce art and G code very quickly it was not complex at all. Now I'm dead in the water and waiting for a solution.

Pat

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2015, 15:29 
ArtCAM Staff
ArtCAM Staff

Hi Pat,

Welcome to the ArtCAM Forum!
Diygeek wrote:
I reloaded in Windows 7 and now ArtCam wont load in my password file.
ArtCAM Express 2015 (Download Only) and ArtCAM Insignia 2015 (Download Only) can only be used on the computer from which your purchase was made. If you have changed the operating system on that computer since making your purchase, the supplied ELF Licence file (WSC00208-01P.elf) will no longer be compatible. I will send an email to your registered email address with further information.

If you require the support of the forum community, I recommend that you register as a Verified ArtCAM Express User as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Dillon

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2015, 04:52 
New User
New User

Hello,

Just purchased and received email with instructions to activate. I tried the "Retrieve License from Server" option and I was prompted to restart ArtCAM. Upon restart the Product Selection window appeared again. I tried several more time to retrieve license, but the product selection window continues to come up.

I also tried the manual method and the same issue continues with the product selection window.

In the common files folder it appears to create a copy of the license for each time I attempt to load it. I've tried deleting them and trying to load the license manually again, but the issue persists.

Help please.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2015, 11:54 
ArtCAM Staff
ArtCAM Staff

Hi Elio,

venezian wrote:
Just purchased and received email with instructions to activate. I tried the "Retrieve License from Server" option and I was prompted to restart ArtCAM. Upon restart the Product Selection window appeared again. I tried several more time to retrieve license, but the product selection window continues to come up.

I also tried the manual method and the same issue continues with the product selection window.

In the common files folder it appears to create a copy of the license for each time I attempt to load it. I've tried deleting them and trying to load the license manually again, but the issue persists.

Help please.
I have sent some instructions to your registered email address along with a copy of your ELF Licence file (WSC00382-01P.elf) attached.

If you require the support of the forum community, I recommend that you register as a Verified ArtCAM Express User as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for your time and cooperation.

Kind regards,

Dillon

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 04:42 
New User
New User

Hi!

I just purchased Art Cam Express and received email with instructions to activate. I tried the every method to retrieve License option and I was prompted to restart Art CAM but every time I restart the Demo Product Selection window appears.

Need help please!

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2015, 10:09 
ArtCAM Staff
ArtCAM Staff

Hi Christiane,

Chris098 wrote:
I just purchased Art Cam Express and received email with instructions to activate. I tried the every method to retrieve License option and I was prompted to restart Art CAM but every time I restart the Demo Product Selection window appears.

Need help please!
I have sent some instructions to your registered email address with a copy of your ELF Licence file (WSC00394-01P.elf).

Kind regards,

Dillon

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2015, 01:30 
New User
New User

Chris098 wrote:
Hi!

Need help please!

I have the same problem I just did the DL and signed up to be a register user Please help!

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2015, 01:33 
New User
New User

I just Downloaded artcam and when it says to activate the code it says it was successful, but it still goes back to the same page please help!

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2015, 21:20 
New User
New User

I got artcam to work, but now it won't upload my artcam files I had with the 2012 version. plus when I try to make a new file and go to make a tool path for it it won't let me select a tool.
When I click on it nothing happens not for the roughing tool or the finishing tool. Please help I need this to work before tomorrow.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next